Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Feeling Like a Kewpie Doll

No Seriously.
I feel like a Kewpie Doll.
I hop out of the shower and I look in the mirror and my tummy is WAY too round and my legs do indeed look like the Michelin Man.

I cried a little last night after hopping out of the shower.  2 and a half years ago I decided I was much too fat and over the course of 8 months, I lost 40 pounds.  And I felt good.  Over the past year, I gained 27 of those 40 pounds back and I feel awful.  My BMI is 29.6.  Do you know that is .4 away from being obese?

I'm 13 pounds away from where I was at my heaviest and I NEVER want to be there again.  So, I sat down last night after putting on tons of clothes, and wrote down what I wanted to do.

1.) Lose 37 pounds.

2.) Get back to running and be able to run a 5k again.  (I know that is not a big deal for most, but running over 3 miles without stopping is huge for me.  I didn't event do that in high school and I was doing this a year and a half ago)

3.) Eat better.  Since I came to my new job just 2 months ago, I've gained like 10 pounds.  I don't run around nearly as much as I used to at the winery and the Bistro we have inhouse is a 70% discount. 70%! I need to bring my own food.

Today I started.  I had Slim Fast for breakfast, chicken soup and an apple for lunch, and well dinner is going to be a problem.  I recently started seeing someone and he is an excellent cook.  I just need to remind myself, portion control.  I figure if I do well and run like I should, I can eat with him a couple times a week and be just fine.

So here we go. Day 1.  I can't take being/looking like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment